Demand for Walkable Urbanism or Transit-Oriented Development will represent at least one third of the U.S. housing market by 2030. Carmel Church Station is uniquely poised to meet this demand with its high density zoning and transit infrastructure, already in place. Our vision is consistent with the County’s Comprehensive Plan and will provide many benefits including: a downtown for the County, billions of dollars in economic development, millions in property tax revenues, thousand of jobs, a train station, density adjacent to rail and interstate, regional riverfront park and Cultural Amenity Center, ability to attract high quality users such as hospitals, universities, destination commercial and large office users, and a national profile as a sustainable, transit-oriented development.
Location, Location, Location
- 1,059 acres strategically located in the center of the Golden Crescent, linking Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Richmond, and Norfolk.
- At I-95 Exit 104 with direct access to Rt. 301, the “backdoor” to D.C.
- 4 miles of I-95 frontage and 2.5 miles of CSX/Amtrak rail frontage with 18 passenger trains per day.
- Strategically situated just outside the safe 50 mile DC blast zone, yet only 20 miles south of the D.C. Metropolitan Area.
- The Department of Defense has already shown interest in the location for their growing network of operations outside of D.C.
- See the report, Top Secret America, for more information on this demand.
- Within close proximity to many of Virginia’s military bases including Fort Lee, Dahlgren, Quantico and Fort A. P. Hill.
- Perfect location for establishing a Federal Campus – “DC South”, or large corporate community – “Silicon Valley East”.
Key Development Features
- Zoned for 8,659 dwelling units, 1,000 hotel rooms, and 3.16 million square feet of commercial space.
- Form-Based Code zoning allowing design and planning decisions to be in the hands of ultimate master planner.
- Zoned with a urban town center core with buildings up to eight stories tall.
- Pedestrian friendly streets and sidewalks.
- 80 acre park on the North Anna River with river access, biking and walking trails.
- Multiple fiber optic lines at property.
- Within Caroline County’s Technology Zone.
- At completion, Carmel Church Station:
- Supports 20,670 jobs
- Has an annual economic impact of $3.3 billion
- Produces annual tax revenue of $58.4 million
- During the construction period, Carmel Church Station:
- Creates 28,413 jobs
- Has a cumulative net impact of $22.7 billion
- Produces cumulative tax revenues of $501.7 million